Nurses who care

This is Miki-san, a nurse from the city health office who visits us at home. So far, three nurses have been here already, and at each surprise visit, our house is always at a mess as if a whirlwind has just passed by (can you picture what I mean? of course, this is a li'l bit exagerrated).

Since we always ignore the notices we received from the hoken centaa (health center), nurses like Miki-san go to our house to check on my baby's health condition and update his vaccination. I am just quite amazed to know that here in Japan, little children, most especially those very little ones like my young Luke, are given much attention. They receive free medical consultations, vaccination, advice on introducing solid foods, etc. In some shopping malls, a comfortable space is alloted in the children's section where a pile bed cribs are provided together with cold/hot water for making baby milk. Luke and I usually spend the whole day just in this area -- for sleeping, changing diaper, drinking milk, and playing. This is also my chance to meet and make friends with other mothers -- Pinays and Japs alike. A consultant is also available on a set day where you can ask about anything related to child care. Poor me, Nihonggo wakarimasen (don't know Japanese), so I can't avail of this free service.

I do hope our health center in Pinas will be of this kind. And the shopping malls too. Fingers crossed.

No comments: